Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Goals

GOALS

      My goal is to be successful in the film industry. I have acted since i was a small child and spent the last two years of high school in Los Angeles pursuing an acting career. I intend on returning after graduating and continuing that pursuit. To be able to actually control the making of the film is a new goal that I have come to desire. There is much more freedom from the other side of the camera, although there is slightly more fun (in my opinion) on the side in front of the lens. To be a successful director would be the pinnacle of the film industry for me. Since I have come to understand the difficulty in making films, I have gained an entire new level of respect for directing. I would like to get better at the Cinematography side as well. The camera is so complex that I feel like I have just begun to truly know the inner workings. With more familiarity, I will be able to more accurately depict what it is I am trying to convey on the screen. The technological side would no longer hinder the creative side. Luckily, although the learning curves can be frustrating, the overall experience of learning filmmaking has been very gratifying.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the technical and the creative side should be mutually informing!

    And I ask (broadly), what does success mean to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as i was respected for my work and made a decent living I would consider myself successful.

    ReplyDelete