Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Artist Statement


  I have just begun to develop my personal artistic style. What I do know is that I like to entertain, and I like to evoke suspense into the audience. I enjoy slow reveals, allowing to viewer's imagination to create the suspense and fear for itself. I am excited to see how my style grows once i gain a better understanding of the camera, editing software and the countless other tools I am learning to use. Once the technical side of these tools is second nature to me, I will be able to freely create without being hindered, and my true inner style will be able to shine. I know that I was my audience to be entertained. I know that I want them to be personally invested in the story that I am trying to tell. I also know that I like to let the actor's performances do much of the work, for I believe that sometimes the true emotion of an actors performance is lost when you try to do too much with the camera. Movements must be necessary and motivated every time. I enjoy warm colors over cool colors. Warm colors stimulate me visually for some reason, and reflections upon water are another effect that I have realized that I love. I enjoy action/suspense. I love high stakes in a scene, where a lot is riding on the decisions of the character. For this reason I think the position of director best fits me. I would always like to be talking with the actors about motivations and inner monologues, because I feel like I can be the most effective when working on that. I would be best in the position of director with someone who can relate to my vision as Director of Photography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment