Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Camera EX3

  I had the opportunity to shoot with the EX3 at the amphitheater and really enjoyed the way it handled. I enjoy the focus and zoom ring as well as the aperture ring. All of them being immediately accessible as well as the way the camera handles color and motion made the EX3 the choice for me when it came to the scene assignment. I had trouble hooking up a shotgun mic to the camera but other than that minor hitch I found it wonderful to shoot with. The workflow is another story. The XDcam transfer was frustrated and I spent a good bit of time attempting to transcode the movie files. I understand that this has more to do with my lack of experience and less to do with the complexity of transcoding. That being said, I find the extra work that has to be put into transcoding slightly distracting and unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment